How to present on a webcast:
- Please join the meeting 30 minutes early, using a computer with a hardwired internet connection. (Wireless connections are often less reliable with the potential for greater lag times, particularly with video/web cams.)
- Always present from a seated position, in a comfortable chair where you can maintain good posture.
- Set the camera so your head appears centered on the screen, about two-thirds of the way up in your frame.
- Minimize sun exposure in your camera frame because sun direction and strength may change during the meeting. Make sure you are well-lit from electric light source.
- Close all other computer applications for the duration of the virtual meeting.
- Prep a quiet space for the webinar. Make sure your set background is neat and tidy.
- Review the meeting playbook—including the agenda, supporting materials, what to do if there’s a technical glitch, how to manage questions.