With that in mind, it’s important to be conscious of your organization’s management of its KOLS. How often do you contact your KOLs for feedback? What happens to that feedback next? Are you able to leverage it into proprietary knowledge and actionable insights? Your conduct towards KOLS needs to be determined by more than just intuition—when it comes to KOLs, you can’t just go with your gut (even when making friends with gastroenterologists)!
Applying systems to your KOL management can streamline and simplify your relationships through repeatable, results-driven cycles. Backed by hard data and aided by technologies to facilitate consistent communication, systematic management provides the information you need while fostering strong emotional connections. You can use this feedback to make informed decisions both internally and in external communications regarding your product or disease state.
Let’s look at an example. Suppose you’ve recently launched a product. Study data looks good, you have multiple entrants and you want to increase your market share. A technologically informed, systematic approach to KOL management can be an invaluable aid!
- Once you’ve selected the right women and men for the task, keep communication consistent and easy for your experts with tools like the KOL Portal.
- Gain consistent expert insight through Monthly Feedback Forums, ensuring that you make use of the unique perspective of your experts throughout production.
- Invite your KOLs to a Virtual Advisory Board. Gather feedback, reduce hassle for your experts, and increase attendance without straining your budget.
- Use discussion forums to give your KOLs a virtual platform for speech and argument.
- Clear, consistent, and transparent communication is the key to effective KOL management, and a carefully thought out approach can help put you on that track. Ensure that your relationships with your KOLs is healthy and productive through systematic management!